PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Preferred Member
Apr 7, 2012
After a few years of trying to figure this out for myself I am going to turn this question over to the group. Who makes Sheffield and Sons pipe tobacco? I used to smoke a blend called Birkenhead Rich and I have not been able to find it in years. I would love to find the bulk blend for this if possible. I have heard that Brigham is supplying tobacco to this but can't confirm this. Anyone?

schmitzbitz

Preferred Member
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I seem to recall a line about Shefield and Sons blends being affilated with Brigham on the pouch - although to be honest, it's been an awfully long time since I've bought any tobacco from them.

I seem to recall Brian Levine mentioning that Brigham uses two different blending houses for their production, one in the Netherlands (Orlik, I belive) and one in Germany (K&K? - I dunno!). Perhaps he can shed some more light on this situation.
I also noted that 'The Smokin' Cigar' (Toronto, Ontario) produces a blend by the same name, descibed as a Cavindesh/Burley base with a hint of Virginia. Not sure if it is a similar product, but they do offer it by the gram ($0.40 per), so it wouldn't cost much to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.