PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroneko

Lurker
Dec 19, 2016
Solani Virginia Flake and Black Vanilla Flake. I love love love Old Dark Fired but I couldn't smoke it all day, it would kill me. Oh and also Mac Baren Navy Flake. They're all flakes for some reason, I like some ribbons as well but they never compare to flakes in my opinion.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
All day I usually go for Prince Albert or something similar. But in all honesty I've been enjoying G.L. Pease - Quiet Nights so much lately that I've smoked several bowls of it in succession at all times of the day.

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Just started smoking my briars again after a long period of being de-piped.... (my choice)...but I found, to my delight, mixing one part (by volume) of Lane's "HGL" with one part of McClelland #2050 does it for me. Smooth, easy-on-the-tongue, nice room note, and these blended tobaccos are available from many sources.
I can't smoke heavily flavored Aromatics. Too cloying, too sticky, too perfumey, too disappointing .... (although I don't mind getting a whiff of someone else's aromatic smoke).
Just my 2 cents....

Frank

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Currently, my goto all day smokes are:
Sir Walter Raleigh

Lane HG-1000

Boswell's Countryside

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
HU Director's Cut
Yes, HU Tobacco makes some fantastic blends. The DC mentioned above is one of the finest VAPer blends available, though admittedly my view must be mitigated by the fact that I am not a hardcore VAPer smoker. But some of HU's burley forward blends like Nashville County and Makhuwa are very fine, yummy smokes, and I highly recommend them to anyone but especially those with a fondness for burleys. The trouble is not availability, in that HU Tobaccos are readily purchased through pfeifendepot; but rather that they cost quite a lot compared to US tobaccos. Of course, I write as a Canuck, so YMMV on this.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Escudo

Capstan Flake (blue)

Penzance

Dunhill EMP

Squadron Leader
Any of those 5 could be an all day smoke for me. With the exception of Penzance, they are all very well balanced between being mellow but still having enough depth to be interesting. Penzance is definitely full bodied, but I like it enough I could smoke it anytime.

Aug 14, 2012
It WAS Bombay Court, sometimes with Vintage Syrian in the top 1/3 of the bowl. Right now the closest I get to smoking is holding a Romeo y Julietta cigar in my mouth, unlit.

jesperff

Lurker
Aug 5, 2017
McClelland 5100 is what I smoke more than half the time. Sometimes mixed with a little Oriental, Perique or Kentucky. But I do enjoy a variety of other fine Virginias as well

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
Mac Baren Navy Flake

PS Luxury Navy Flake

GLP Haddo's Delight

Dunhill MM965

Lane Ready-Rubbed

Prince Albert
You could randomly pick any one of those, and I'd happily smoke it all day every day. I do enjoy a little variety, but wouldn't feel I was missing out if I only had a lifetime supply of one.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
The Stokkeby flakes, so good, especially the bullseye. Outstanding blend, readily available, and inexpensive. Wins all around :puffy:
Dunbar would be up there for me too if it was readily available!

Status
Not open for further replies.