PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I bought some of this a while ago and had it sitting in my... I can't call it a cellar due to the shameful amount in there but you get the idea. I finally decided to give it a try and wow.lol did I just smoke a cigar? Really tastes more like a cigar to me than pipe tobacco. It's a straight VA heat treated but man, I never figured it would give that kind of flavor. What do you say about this rope?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's strong but not a cigar taste. Take your time preparing it, I used a cigar cutter to cut coins, and sip it. I made the mistake of forgetting I had it and the rope unraveled. I think the brown rope may be stronger but this does provide quite a punch. It's an experience if you've never has anything like this. Have fun with it.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have had this tobacco before as it was another of my 'Andre let me borrow this from you over night' type of maneuvers. I think the stuff is rather boring when smoked alone but if a pinch of smoothing else is added it becomes a cracking smoke. I find like most people here that the brown tends to be a bit stronger and if you cut the black into 1/16 inch coins and then rub them out they smoke cool and with very little bite. Once opened it should be put in a jar asap and wrapped in grease proof paper otherwise the rope has a tendency to unwind itself. I have always wanted to put it through one of those electric tobacco shredders you see for sale but as an after thought the goo it leaves on a knife blade would probably jam up any blade on an electric shredder.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Whether it be Black or Brown Gawith produces some wonderful twists and ropes. I love them. Not for the faint of heart, though.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
In the past I've both smoked and chewed it, it's different to say the least. Our shop can't keep enough of it around as there are some devotees that come in looking for it and buy bulk quanities. One customer that hangs out sampled some of the Condor I received from Simon and loved it. I told him about mixing Black Rope with it and he got a twinkle in his eye. I sent him with enough Condor to mix up a couple bowls. I've not seen him since! Lol.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Stuff happens like that quite often! Its when you mix it with Tambo and Black Twist the results on mere mortals can be spectacular to highly amusing although the projectile vomiting part can be a little dangerous! :)

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I'm crazy about Dark Flake and smoke about 10 bowls a week. Black rope often becomes a love it or hate it tobacco, or at least one that is tolerable. The creosote/gun metal overtone is there; but in the last year I've grown to like it, and I reach for it from time to time. It's dark and high-nicotine: that's a profile I like.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
I wrote a review a few months back. Have almost worked up the courage to try it again: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/samuel-gawith-black-xx-finest-kendal-twist

Status
Not open for further replies.