PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Guys, guys, guys, this was meant as an ANECDOTAL thread only, not to be misconstrued as marital issues and or problems nor a reflection on my wife's character. She very, very, rarely uses the F bomb and it is usually in jest, as it was this time. No shouting match, no anger or animosity.
We have been very happily married for 48 years.
We're both looking forward to the next 48.

So, does this mean you're not going to take marital advice from a pipe forum and get divorced?

Kozeman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2020
Woodstock, Illinois
Guys, guys, guys, this was meant as an ANECDOTAL thread only, not to be misconstrued as marital issues and or problems nor a reflection on my wife's character. She very, very, rarely uses the F bomb and it is usually in jest, as it was this time. No shouting match, no anger or animosity.
Oh sure....blink twice to signal if she has a claw grip on your balls right now. ?

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Perhaps the forum gurus should make a sticky and call it "Pipe Smokers marital counseling service"?
Or how to stay happily married if your wife/significant other doesn't like pipe smoking?
I think it's just the general crusty curmudgeonliness of pipesters. Our zodiac sign is most likely Grumpy Cat. But our advice comes with a money back guarantee:)

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I truly love being married. Plus, without my wife, who would I constantly fight with? Hahaha.

I told my wife, that the next house we buy (which is coincidentally coming up soon now) has to have a smoking room. 4 season porch at least. That's my one requirement. She can have everything else about the house. And she accepted my terms. Lol.

Tobacco is all I got these days. She won't be taking it from me!

Spavilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 6, 2020
Gulf Coast of Florida
My wife is pretty easy-going. I have 2 dedicated smoking spaces in my home. One is outside, beautiful but being in Florida, hot in the summer. One is inside, my shop/walk-in humidor with no views (except my snap-on calendar). Then there is another space I would like, kind of the best of both worlds. I asked her last week what it would take to get permission to smoke there. I have learned in life, everything has its price. The question is, is it worth it? I am still waiting for the answer. Here is my prime smoking space currently being under-utilized... IMG_8144.jpeg

LightningII

Lurker
Jul 17, 2020
Waxahachie, Texas
I always smoke in the garage in my work area/cave, whatever. Anyway of late since it is summertime we have the windows open in the living room. My wife does not like tobacco smoke of any kind. I installed just a simple bathroom vent in the wall of my cave venting to the outside that is in close proximity to the living room window. Fifteen feet.
To help me remember to shut the windows before I go out to smoke she put up signs.
This one is the first warning taped to the garage door from the laundry room.
oNZKWeD.jpg

This is the second warning taped to the door frame going into the garage from the main living area since I seem to have a memory or reading dysfunction issue.
J8kUKXc.jpg

This morning I was smoking a bowl of 4noggins Lord Methley's when she came into the garage and asked, "Are you smoking?"
I knew I had forgotten to close the windows and had bypassed both signs.
As she slammed the door shut I heard her exclaim, "Of for *uck sake can't you *ucking READ????
:oops:
Start rubbing snuff instead and leave spit cups around the house
She’ll beg you to smoke.
:)

Mar 1, 2014

If you're one of the lucky few it might be easy to say that, but the marriages of my parents and all my aunts and uncles are, while still technically intact, pretty abysmal.
Spend a day as a fly on the wall in your average retirement age home and I have no expectation of any greater tranquility or ability for two people to communicate than what you'd see at any other point in an average relationship.

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
My wife smokes cigarettes, but only outside, so I only smoke my pipe outside. Works for me.

Reactions: anotherbob

philairfoil

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
The End began when we gave 'em the right to vote...now look around. Rhetoric rules. May your chains rest lightly.

(sure hope She doesn't see this.)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I say get out of there. Why because I like giving really bad advice. But only when I'am pretty sure no one is going to follow it.
Been there done that.

The End began when we gave 'em the right to vote...now look around. Rhetoric rules. May your chains rest lightly.

(sure hope She doesn't see this.)

The end began when men began thinking they couldn't do or find better, plus divorce laws tend to favor women sans a prenuptial agreement. My contract says leave with what you brought.