PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I always smoke in the garage in my work area/cave, whatever. Anyway of late since it is summertime we have the windows open in the living room. My wife does not like tobacco smoke of any kind. I installed just a simple bathroom vent in the wall of my cave venting to the outside that is in close proximity to the living room window. Fifteen feet.
To help me remember to shut the windows before I go out to smoke she put up signs.
This one is the first warning taped to the garage door from the laundry room.
oNZKWeD.jpg

This is the second warning taped to the door frame going into the garage from the main living area since I seem to have a memory or reading dysfunction issue.
J8kUKXc.jpg

This morning I was smoking a bowl of 4noggins Lord Methley's when she came into the garage and asked, "Are you smoking?"
I knew I had forgotten to close the windows and had bypassed both signs.
As she slammed the door shut I heard her exclaim, "Of for *uck sake can't you *ucking READ????
:oops:

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Well, by mutual agreement I smoke outdoors. Living in the northeast that means realistically I smoke in the summer with some bowls in the spring and fall. I have a shed that I occasionally smoke in in high wind or bad weather but otherwise I’m on the porch. Let’s face it, the smell of smoke in the house is not typically appealing in the modern age. I don’t particularly like having the scent linger on me so I often wear a “smoking jacket and hat” on the cooler weather which I leave outside. In summer I usually smoke early enough in the day that is dissipates from me and smoking outside helps. When I smoke in the shed I am “smoked” and usually have to change and wash otherwise my wife smells it on me, which isn’t nice.