PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Whenever your day is just going badly, your favorite pipe has cracked, your wife just accidentally caught your best tobacco set out for drying with the vacuum, you can't find your lighter and you haven't a match in the house and no one on your street smokes, the TV has gone on the fritz 30 minutes before the big sunday game, and the relatives you hate have just dropped in unannounced after a long day just as you were sitting down to dinner, don't fret. Don't let the little things get to you! Just stare at this picture and breath deeply for a few moments and all will be well, my friend, all will be well.
bf1153e3398e817b3664ff61ecdf41911-600x451.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I normally use this method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_s6EqOxqY

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Don't let the little things get to you! Just stare at this picture and breath deeply for a few moments and all will be well, my friend, all will be well.
Thanks toob. I needed that. I spent the day cleaning out my mother-in-laws house and still have a lot more to go. She was a hoarder and is assisted living now. I hauled over a half ton of trash to the dump in five trips and moved heavy objects on and off trucks all day. I can't wait for tomorrow (uggh). All I wanted to do this weekend was to watch the golf tournament and instead I'm nursing a sore body. Your story and picture combined with my pipe has given me perspective.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is a gorgeous picture toob. Do you live there? I would love to have a view like that from my house.

Mar 1, 2014
Isn't the "correct" answer to soothe your frustrations by taking advantage of the last 24 hours of 10% off pipes and tobacco site wide at Smokingpipes.com?

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Revisiting Serenity at least once a year has become standard practice for me, but Serenity can't be enjoyed without a little Firefly first.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
No my "serenity" from home looks like this.
June sunset looking out from the front:
p6280012-600x450.jpg

View from the back in the Autumn:
pb0511511-600x450.jpg

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Browncoat is a reference to the TV series Firefly and subsequent movie Serenity. The series rotates around a Firefly class ship called Serenity and a band of "space pirates". The captain and first mate of the crew are war veterans of a large space war and they fought on the side of the rebels who were referred to as the browncoats, due to their uniform coat color. The series was cancelled after one season, the movie was an effort to resurrect the show but it did not get enough interest from the execs to green light another season. Firefly still has a loyal set of fans, myself included who sometimes refer to themselves as Browncoats as well.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
When you think about it, TV execs have historically fought most all of the exceptional TV shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.