PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Ser Jacopo has more or less recntly started a new line of pipes called Mastro Geppetto, which sell for a fraction of their usual prices. Without doing a statistical analysis, I'd say something like 40% or so of their usual prices. Anyone out there have any insight as to what sort of corners they might be cutting to achieve these prices ? Just looking at these pipes, it's not clear to me. I'm especially curious because I've had good experience with SJ pipes.

Reactions: JOHN72 and dunnyboy

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I have one of he original Geppetto pipes that were made by Ser Jacopo and simply called Geppetto. I don't know what the difference is between it and the Mastro Geppetto pipes but the one I have smokes great. I think that RobNYC pretty much sums up the difference between the original Geppetto line and Ser Jacopo pipes. I don't see how you can go wrong with the new series as I have never heard any complaints about any Ser Jacopo pipes.

I know that currently on eBay there are some nice unsmoked Geppetto and Ser Jacopo pipes for sale listed under estate pipes. I think the seller is trustworthy too for what it's worth.