Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
So, a few people recommended George for restoration, but I can’t find his contact info.

I primarily deal with Walker but Mike is 2 months out.

26 Dunhill, Early Nording (SON) pencil shank (the bowl is friggin huge), Grand Slam (no patent date or * for filter size?), and Charatan Executive plateau.

I’m still leaning towards Mike, but I’d like to compare time and prices.

Attachments

• BEF3BFFE-9229-4964-81DF-181B008C15EC.jpeg
    BEF3BFFE-9229-4964-81DF-181B008C15EC.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd accept up to a year's wait. It would be like a whole new pipe. I just don't want the repairman to move and leave no forwarding address and have the pipe washed out of the moving van with a hose.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
George D’s work is impeccable, but be prepared for an extended wait. I mean really extended.
I had a pair of pipes at his shop over a year and he wasn't close to working on them, so I took them back. His work may be impeccable, but I can't wait that long for routine work. If I had a high dollar pipe that needed major work I would have waited.

Reactions: bayareabriar

lraisch

Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I just received a pipe from George that I deemed worthy of the wait which was almost a year. It's true, his work is superb, so if you really want to perfect a pipe you may still want to consider asking him if it's feasible. Send pictures for his consideration and expect the cost to be high.

On the other hand, Mike does excellent work and has rescued a couple of pipes that I thought might be beyond hope.

bayareabriar

May 8, 2019
I didn’t realize the wait was so long! After talking with a few others, I’m sending the lot to Mike. Hes done great work in the past and all of these just need stem and rim work and cleaning. Nothing sentimental or if great value. Thank you everyone!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hmmm. What are his prices typically?
It depends on what's needed and the hours he estimages doing the work. All I can say is that, givne the quality of what George does I've always found his pricing to be more than fair. He's not getting rich oof of doing this. Since George is a member here, why not send him a PM?

bayareabriar

May 8, 2019
They are at Walker and ETA 2 months. About $100 to clean all 4 up. I’ll post a photo when they get back.