PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I love the flavour of semois, but prefer the smoking characteristics of pressed tobacco. While I have never blended my own pipe tobacco, preferring the concoctions of blenders with far more experience than me, I decided to try my hand at trivial blending at home.

I have found a sprinkle of semois (Reserve du Patron) in a bowl of mostly PS Cube Cut to be fantastic. Slow burning from the cubes, but with the semois flavour just barely dominant. I swear the semois tastes like hazelnut, but I think I might be alone in that.

What other blends would benefit from a dash of semois?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Great idea. I'll try this with various blends. I love Semois neat, but this could be a whole new adventure with it.
I like it neat, but it burns too quickly for me. I’m much more comfortable with blends that I can gravity fill and go, like broken flakes and cube cuts. I’m trying to get the best of both worlds.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A not too broad bowl that is fairly deep helps accommodate a good amount of Semois and slow the burn a bit. I have a MM cob freehand and a tall bowled La Rocca poker that serve this purpose. A stack or chimney would be good. This relates to smoking it neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.