Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Robin A

Lurker
Jan 9, 2023
I've recently taken a break from pipe smoking and would like to sell some tobaccos aged in mason jars (eg Dunhill Night Cap, London Mixture etc.) in small quantities. I live in UK. Does anyone know where and how I can sell them please?

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
I've recently taken a break from pipe smoking and would like to sell some tobaccos aged in mason jars (eg Dunhill Night Cap, London Mixture etc.) in small quantities. I live in UK. Does anyone know where and how I can sell them please?
There’s an excellent buy/sell/trade forum here. One must have 100 posts to make a “for sale” post though.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Second hand normally implies used.

Are you selling ash? If so, I’m your man.

If you’re selling tobacco, sorry I have enough.

I’d stick around and build up your posts then sell here if a pipe club isn’t feasible
I had the same thought. Used tobacco doesn't sound all that great. Weirdly although more intact it's grosser when it's dip or chaw.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I don’t mean to discourage you—and I wish I could point you in the right direction—but I think this is one of the disadvantages of cellaring in jars that really doesn’t get talked about much: the impact it has on “resellability.” There are many people who would buy an aged tin from a stranger without a second thought but who would never buy a jarred blend from someone they don’t know. Too many opportunities for deception and even danger.

This is one reason why the generally trusted environment of a pipe club would be ideal, especially if you have the opportunity to participate and become known over time. Of course, that probably sounds ludicrous, since you mention taking a break from pipesmoking!

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92

JEdwards

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2022
Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Earth
Another caution on selling overseas (if you are in the US, at least). USPS won't allow you to ship tobacco internationally and the other carriers I checked (FedEx, UPS) will only ship if you have a license.

If you do manage to post here on the B/S/T forum, be sure to specify up front that sales are within the continental US only. It will save you and they buyer(s) a headache.