PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Absolutely nothing to go on except that it might be a BBB, given a prior post you made? Maybe?

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
It's a bit of a shot in the dark--blind guesses, really--with just that unmarked case. I've got several laying about and with few exceptions it'd be difficult to guess a brand.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
It's a bit of a shot in the dark--blind guesses, really--with just that unmarked case. I've got several laying about and with few exceptions it'd be difficult to guess a brand.
Agreed. But if I open her up it will give it away too easy. Just wanted to have a bit of fun and a happy ending for these restos. Your guess/logic about the BBB is actually pretty darn close. Same era. Same country. Different city.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Agreed. But if I open her up it will give it away too easy. Just wanted to have a bit of fun and a happy ending for these restos. Your guess/logic about the BBB is actually pretty darn close. Same era. Same country. Different city.
So there is a silver band with hallmarks that are NOT London? Or there is a marking upon the pipe itself indicating a city other than London as its place of manufacture?

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Comoy or GBD
Nope but again wouldn’t mind if they were. Ok I can see how this whole blind guessing thing could start to piss us all off. I’ll start with some clues:

The founder of this pipe brand was a French Jewish merchant.

They were popular in the West End.

Up until 1920 these pipes featured no COM marks for dating apart from the symbols on the silver collars.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Just kidding...

Here is a new thread with the pipe.

Chur

Status
Not open for further replies.