PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
If any of you Loewe collectors/enthusiasts out there could chip in with some information in regards to history, value, model shape (thinking Brazilian going from 1912 catalogue but can't really tell) etc. I'd really appreciate it.

Massive respect goes to my neighbour Isaac for his courage and willingness to gracefully clean up this beauty.

Apart from cleaning the build up of cake and must from sitting around for the last century, and giving the a polish to the collar and stem, no deep restoration work was done. We wanted to thoughtfully retain as much of the 'as is condition' as possible, being aware that it is a pipe that could probably be sent to a professional for restoration, either by myself or another collector/owner in the future

I have read all I can find on the usual pipe history sites and perused through these forums, but still feel like I am only scratching the surface Emil's legacy.

Peace

D

P1011482.jpgP1011483.jpgP1011484.jpgP1011487.jpgP1011488.jpgP1011489.jpgP1011490.jpgP1011491.jpgP1011493.jpgP1011494.jpg

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
the pipe has issues that would keep it from bringing top dollar. I don't know, I'd say you'd get $150 or so on ebay, maybe you'd get lucky and catch the guy that wanted a hallmarked Dublin and get $200. Reverse of that is no one is buying because economy is trashed and it sells for $50.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
the pipe has issues that would keep it from bringing top dollar. I don't know, I'd say you'd get $150 or so on ebay, maybe you'd get lucky and catch the guy that wanted a hallmarked Dublin and get $200. Reverse of that is no one is buying because economy is trashed and it sells for $50.
Cheers for the feedback. Im currently thinking I will work on it and keep as a smoker. Would anyone strongly advise against topping the bowl slightly to remove evidence of poorly sanded rim?

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
I'd consult with an able restorer and get their opinion on that. My personal feeling on that matter is that if I have to modify the pipe from its original configuration to be happy with it, I never will be.

Reactions: Ahi Ka
Status
Not open for further replies.