PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Last had a haircut 14th March 2020 - the day before São Paulo went into COVID lockdown; I'm reliably informed that hairdressers establishments are now open again but if I need to look 'smart' (usually for a zoom call, but also for my most recent passport and my Brazil ID card) I simply tie my hair in a pony tail.

I do trim my own beard.

Wifey has long stopped complaining that my hair is longer than hers.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I used a #5 on the back and sides followed with a #1 around the ears. Touch up with no guard and lowest setting. The top is getting long, but not a problem. I’ve heard this is the 1920’s haircut

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Love those old razors. I use a 1947 Gillette Superspeed daily. It’s solid brass under the plating and has the weight to remind you it’s a man’s razor. No need to throw money away on plastic razors. The best part is $4 in razor blades will last me at least three years AND give you a superior shave.
The one I used today, I also hone and use a straight razor plus several other vintage double or single edge including a Feather shavette.

Attachments

• Criterion1.jpg
    Criterion1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • Criterion.jpg
    Criterion.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
I shaved my head once while working a grounds crew in college, and I felt crazy. I will never do that again. I think my beard and hair gives me environmental information, like a sixth sense.
Plus, even if I do have a small bald spot, I'm not going out easy like that, ha ha. It will just have to all fall out.

Reactions: Laurent

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
During lockdown my wife started cutting my hair with clippers, and I did the [very little] hair on the top of my head, all very short. It worked so well, I never went back when things opened up again. No more bi-weekly errand, and a little more $$ for tobacco. Or beer.

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama