PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It seems like it's been forever since I have been on the forum and I am catching up on all sorts of new things. The content here as always is sublime, but I have been distracted as of late by my pending marriage. She and the wedding seem to monopolize most of my time. I consider myself lucky that I am able to enjoy a bowl on the way to work and occasionally one before bed. I am sure that many of you can empathize with me remembering the last few weeks before your own weddings. The only thing that I may ask of you gentlemen and ladies is pray for my sanity. I hope to squeeze in some more time online, but have I missed anything extraordinary in the past few weeks? As always happy smoking.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Definitely yes! You missed the opportunity for us to congratulate you on your forthcoming marriage. I'm sure that all of us will join in wishing you and your bride much happiness in the years to come.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Best Wishes on your upcoming nuptials. It's been business as usual lately, which is fine with most of us. I have not seen any dust-ups in a while.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Ah the days before the wedding, I don't remember any of it!! I think its the mind sheltering off the memories that would give me blood pressure issues and possibly a stroke. But it was all worth it from the moment i watched her walk down the aisle to the moment we bought our first house. time before marriage is just a waiting room for your real life to start. May there be lots of happiness and blessing to come for you and your bride.
Also after the wedding you will experience the best sleep of your life enjoy that because it doesn't last very long.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Congratulations! Just wait until you have kids, then you'll think you had all sorts of time!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Congrats! Nothing happened more important than what's going on for you -- let the world turn without you a while longer.
:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations, man! Take time with your bride and your new wife. Making it work will pay rewards

for a lifetime. Getting married is like gaining color vision and binocular vision at the same time. Be real

patient. Make sure to find the nicknames and endearments she really likes. It takes a lot of learning and

effort, but it's worth it, every bit.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
It's only a forum, don't worry about it. I've been a member of several forums and they do enact a strange psychological response. As a member of badgerandblade I used to think constantly about vintage Gillettes. brushes and blade choice; when I was a member of a watch forum the most important part of my day was checking the accuracy of my mechanical watches. I spent a good few months obssessing about briar provenance, blends, packing methods etc. It keeps us amused and we learn valuable lessons for life.

We'll be here when you have time.

Enjoy your life....

Status
Not open for further replies.