PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Not sure how many of you know Walt's work, but ever since I found his youtube channel I have enjoyed his videos and he recently posted a video of his workbench that I thought I would share. Hopefully we can up his views enough that he'll get some free soda. Liked the video Walt. Keep them coming and if you have a youtube account subscribe to his channel; he has good stuff.
null

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
My thanks to anyone who took the time to suffer through watching this video about nothing.

Let this be a warning to everyone not to cope with boredom via video! :rofl:

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Hahaha, nice. I, for one, was thoroughly entertained by the candidness of the video and the lack of enthusiasm on the pooch's part. Nice shop, nice pipes, nice dog, nice taste in baccy. :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I hate looking at videos and pics of pipemakers shops ! They are always bigger than mine and have more tools! :(

Your dog looks a lot like my mine-Miss Molly. Constant companion,but not much help!

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Constant companion,but not much help!
My precious Chloe, she passed a few years back... She enjoyed napping under the warm lamps as I photographed pipes. She also enjoyed rusticating pipes without my permission...

1512568_10201384693086939_1489423691_n.jpg

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I was cramming late one night... the night before the Chicago show, probably 2002 or 2003. It was about 3am and I was sitting in my Layzboy watching TV while sanding a pipe that I had hoped to finish that night as I would be flying out to Chicago early the next morning. I heard a loud noise coming from outside, a screeeech, and some crunching sounds. A couple of voices yelled back and forth...
I put the pipe down on an end table and ran outside to see what was going on. A car had been speeding down the street, lost control and slid, rolled over a couple of times coming to rest in the roadside ditch, and the occupants had bailed out and ran away. After a few minutes, it was clear that there was no help needed and the neighbors had called emergency services, so there was no need for me to hang around.
I went back inside to finish sanding my pipe. When I went to pick it up from the table, it was not there! I looked around, thinking that I "mis-remembered" where I had left it, then I noticed Chloe lying on the floor chewing away merrily at something. My heart sank... It was the pipe. It was the last pipe that I was almost done sanding, almost ready to buff and polish and take to the pipe show. It had deep teeth marks all over the stummel and stem.
I gave up and went to bed...

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
If you dont mind me asking Walt, how long does it usually take you to complete a suede blast pipe?
A smooth pipe, depending on size, would usually take 16-20 hours. It takes another eight hours to blast my average sized pipe, so 24-28 hours to complete a suede blast pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.