PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’ve got a parrot that insists on sitting on my shoulder while I’m smoking a pipe. I was very concerned and tried to discourage him but after 20+ years of failing in that endeavor I just figured it wasn’t bothering him so that’s how it is. Neither of us have had any issues so far so I guess we’re good.

It was surprising and you’d think he wouldn’t like the smoke at all but I guess I don’t create much of a fog and he probably senses how relaxing it is to me and wants to be part of that? I don’t know but we do enjoy our pipe of an evening.

I have a hoop earring and a parrot on my shoulder, a pipe in my mouth - should I talk like a pirate?? Please advise. ?

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
In my experience mine don't hang about me very long if it's annoying them....rather like the missus. Bully loves it.

WP-20170427-013-2.jpg

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Yeah, with so many factors involved, I guess there is no sure way to know if it was the sole cause to a health issue. But, surely, one could make valid assumptions.
All I can give is anecdotal evidence, but I had a dog that I got when he was 6 weeks old, and I was 16. He was an inside dog. There were three of us who smoked cigarettes in the house for many years of his life. He also went to a lot of house parties where everyone smoked cigarettes inside. He lived in a basically smoke free home for the last 3 years of his life. He was put down 2 weeks before his 16th birthday. Most likely some neurological issue.

He was always healthy and only had the usual old dog issues. (bad joints, cataracts). If we were just going to make a valid assumption, I'd conclude that if you want a dog, or parrot with a long, happy life, smoke around them a lot.

All I can give is anecdotal evidence, but I had a dog that I got when he was 6 weeks old, and I was 16. He was an inside dog. There were three of us who smoked cigarettes in the house for many years of his life. He also went to a lot of house parties where everyone smoked cigarettes inside. He lived in a basically smoke free home for the last 3 years of his life. He was put down 2 weeks before his 16th birthday. Most likely some neurological issue.

He was always healthy and only had the usual old dog issues. (bad joints, cataracts). If we were just going to make a valid assumption, I'd conclude that if you want a dog, or parrot with a long, happy life, smoke around them a lot.
Wow, sixteen years, I wish my pup lived to be sixteen. I worry because my eleven year old recently passed after a year long battle with heart failure; I wonder all the time if my habit of smoking had something to do with it. Since then, I have adopted another english bulldog pup who is eight weeks old. I want her to live to be sixteen like your pup. :)

I’ve got a parrot that insists on sitting on my shoulder while I’m smoking a pipe. I was very concerned and tried to discourage him but after 20+ years of failing in that endeavor I just figured it wasn’t bothering him so that’s how it is. Neither of us have had any issues so far so I guess we’re good.

It was surprising and you’d think he wouldn’t like the smoke at all but I guess I don’t create much of a fog and he probably senses how relaxing it is to me and wants to be part of that? I don’t know but we do enjoy our pipe of an evening.

I have a hoop earring and a parrot on my shoulder, a pipe in my mouth - should I talk like a pirate?? Please advise. ?
That’s awesome, a parrot smoking buddy. I hope your parrot lives as long as you do!

Wow, sixteen years, I wish my pup lived to be sixteen. I worry because my eleven year old recently passed after a year long battle with heart failure; I wonder all the time if my habit of smoking had something to do with it. Since then, I have adopted another english bulldog pup who is eight weeks old. I want her to live to be sixteen like your pup. :)
C7BDD0E6-928E-4524-84B4-5405FEB1FBD1.jpeg