PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

James8855

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2019
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

If I want to smoke a second bowl from the same pipe, should I wait for the pipe to cool down or should I just pack and smoke right away?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trubka2 and jpmcwjr

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If I want to smoke a second bowl from the same pipe, should I wait for the pipe to cool down or should I just pack and smoke right away?
I smoke the same pipe two plus times per day, often for weeks at a time before changing pipes. Between smokes, I do fully clean and polish them, but never resmoke until fully cooled.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I smoke only one bowl and then reach for another pipe only because I want to keep all of them smoked. I don't like to take down a pipe that has no tobacco smell in the chamber at all.

lawdogspipes

Might Stick Around
May 19, 2010
Many smoke the same pipe multiple times a day for extended periods of time. I have done this for years...I am not a hot smoker and do wipe the bowl and clean the shank at the end of the day. Some simple cleaning and care and as Hoosierpipeguy watch the heat...should be fine.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and trubka2

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
It’d be fine. Even if you reload right away. Will it die sooner if you smoke it all day every day? Sure, but it will still last a very very long time. Back to back bowls every now and again won’t hurt it at all.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I never smoke the. same pipe more than once a day. I have plenty of pipes and they all want attention. I also never smoke the same blend more than once a day.I have so many b;ends and pipes to choose from I see no reason to not enjoy the variety I have.