PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peader

Lurker
Nov 17, 2019
Hello everyone. I started collecting pipes this year. I started because one of the fellows I do WW2 reenacting with showed us the German pipe he has that is small enough to fit in the chest pocket of his British BD jacket and that got me interested in getting a pipe. A Kaufman Bros and Bondy Crosby pipe is my first pipe.
regards,
Peter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ahoy Seattle. Love your city. I liked to take the boat to Bremerton where I once toured the USS Turner Joy of Gulf of Tonkin fame, if anyone remembers that ancient event. I was a minesweeper radioman in that same ancient war. Like to cast my eyes across the mothball fleet, though my ship was sold to the Taiwan navy in the 90's. We've had as many members join in the last few months as have ever belonged before, since the site update, or so it seems. I think the update makes it possible to use a wider array of devices. Welcome aboard. Love the way Mt. Rainier hovers above the horizon like the moon.

Reactions: GCW and saintpeter

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Welcome!, and as always people here love pictures of any and all pipes and/or pipe related...um...items.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Hello everyone. I started collecting pipes this year. I started because one of the fellows I do WW2 reenacting with showed us the German pipe he has that is small enough to fit in the chest pocket of his British BD jacket and that got me interested in getting a pipe. A Kaufman Bros and Bondy Crosby pipe is my first pipe.
regards,
Peter.

Very cool! I’m a big military history buff myself (mostly Roman era), and I love to meet fellow history buffs! That WWII re-enacting sounds extremely interesting.

Glad you’re aboard my friend and a warm welcome from Tennessee.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Also in Seattle, I visited the USS Missouri which was on its way to a permanent port as a monument to the surrender that ended WWII. There's a great round sculpted plaque in the deck plates on the site of the signing of the surrender. It was on a later trip when I saw the USS Turner Joy. My trips weren't all historical stops. I ate great seafood and lots of famous coffee and too much food at the market.

Reactions: GCW

Peader

Lurker
Nov 17, 2019
I have bought a pouch of Captain Black pipe tobacco. I will try it when I go reenacting in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.