New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working with Scott Tinker on some commissions and the last of them have arrived. He does GREAT work so I wanted to "Brag on him" a little bit. The make great conversation pieces and are also very functional. I have made leather sleeves for the tampers so I can carry them in my pockets and not have to worry about them getting damaged. Anyway, I highly recommend Scott. He is truly an artist and produces beautiful stuff.
One thing of note: You should be patient if you commission him to do something out of the ordinary because the wait may be long but I assure you it will be worth it!
Pics and descriptions below:IMG_4745.jpg
Above is my entire collection of paraphernalia crafted by Scott
IMG_4746.jpg
Tampers from left to right: Zeppelin of naturally veined Azurite stone between a polished Gaboon Ebony cap and foot. Freehand Dominican Blue Amber cap atop a high contrast stained briar tamp. Lastly, another Zeppelin style Faux Ivory top with a Snakewood tamp with a Ebony foot. Close ups are below. These things are gorgeous and of course have a screw in pick in each one. I am going to add an ebony foot to the amber because I really like the look of it on the other 2.
IMG_4747.jpg
The tobacco disc (I believe he calls them Baccy Flaps? He's GOTTA work on that name.... puffy) This one uses rare earth magnets to keep it closed and is made from Rosewood and adorned with Woolly Mammoth Ivory in the center ringed by Snakewood and ringed once more by Spalted Maple (I could be wrong on the wood species....) It is stunning.
IMG_4748.jpgIMG_4749.jpg
IMG_4750.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handsome work. I like the blast on that pipe and the finishes on the tampers, colorful but tasteful too.

Reactions: sandollars

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Scott is great...agreed. Will share a pic of the various items I commissioned.

He made a baccy pouch and two flake bowls make from African Blackwood along with a 5-day tamper set.

Reactions: ron123

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
The tobacco disc (I believe he calls them Baccy Flaps? He's GOTTA work on that name.... puffy) This one uses rare earth magnets to keep it closed and is made from Rosewood and adorned with Woolly Mammoth Ivory in the center ringed by Snakewood and ringed once more by Spalted Maple (I could be wrong on the wood species....) It is stunning.
That baccyflap is in a class of its own! Congrats on that score! He didn't come up with the name though. What he made is based on Bakelite baccyflaps made by Wunnup and Parker, a long time ago...probably not made since mid 20th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.