PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he is still making them but I LOVE MINE!

I made a few minor modifications but I have ZERO concerns carrying 4 of my finest pipes and 3 blends. There's room for all the paraphernalia too.

He is (or was) a member of the forum. Let me look up some PMs I had with the guy and I will send you his info including his personal email.

Here's a pic of mine loaded with 2 S. Bangs and 2 Weavers:

scoosa.jpg

mbeltranena

Lurker
Jan 3, 2010
Hello! Yes, sorry. Still 'in business'. Just graduated from a night school college program and haven't checked that email in a while.

I will log in and answer you. Or you can PM me here.

Thanks for your interest!
Please call me so we can start to order my SCOOSA. Phone is in my email to your two email accounts. Thank you.
Mike Beltranena

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Whoa... Just checked out the website. Those are extremely badass. Not just for how practical they appear to be for the smoker on the go, but it is also a very handsome case I think most folks would be proud to tote around in public.

Reactions: Casual

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I think I read that they could be customized in many ways by request. What is the benefit of the composite board over say plywood of the same thickness?

My immediate guess is it’s nature to not absorb moisture in the way that plywood does, perhaps mitigating mold?

All I know is composite decking/fencing/railing seems to be the better choice for withstanding the elements over a longer period of time.

Reactions: sandollars

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
The whole trick of the case is that the shelves are spaced to put just a little squeeze on a silicone gasket in the lids of the tobacco tins. In order to achieve that level of precision, I have to start with a dead flat, even thickness material. MDF is that. Plywood is not. I finish with two coats of a water-based polyurethane to hedge against moisture.

Customization within reason is encouraged for those with very particular pipes. Length, width, and depth of the pipe lockers. But the basic layout of the box is somewhat standardized to make things easier on me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.