PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Figured I'd hop on here while my daughter and her class walk off the stage and the 8th grade prepares to play. Watching them grow up brings so much joy to me. Seeing her persue playing musical instruments is so great, knowing it is something she wants to do. Well the 8th graders are warming up. Later y'all.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
My daughter is a jr. and in the vocal group at a school that is super serious about music. I am starting to freak out about her only being with us for another year!

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I have one daughter who has her first concert (6th grade saxophone) tomorrow and two kids who have their concerts on Wednesday (Frosh on trumpet and Jr. on french horn). It is amazing to see how proficient they become after just a handful of years playing.
Also, our daughter, the french horn player, will be traveling with an honors band to Europe over the summers. We are so proud of her because the trip is thousands of dollars and she has been working and will be paying for a large portion of the trip with her own money. Just love seeing how responsible she is.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have one child, a daughter, who is a senior in high school this year. She sings in the school's select choir and she's also a piano accompanist for them. They'll have done 21 concerts by Christmas day and I'm trying to see as many as I can. I usually arrive early at these concerts if I'm dropping her off, which gives me time for a pipe and some reflection. This is it. At this time next year she will be off on her way to college and the rest of her life. This is the last year of her childhood. I'm sad, I'm proud, I'm hopeful, I'm confident and I'm smoking D&R Ramback Balkan (that I slow stoved) in an old GBD pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.