PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I'm the vintage horror film type. Meaning Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. But I do recommend the 1963 version of "The Haunting".
Totally agree. I have zero interest in any horror movies made after about 1965.

choch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
For me it was a marathon of gothic horror movies from Hammer Studios, paired with 50/50 mixture of Dunhill 965 and Nightcap from my old Comoy Churchwarden. Sipped a few drams of malt Scotch alongside. Made for a wonderful Halloween.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I watched Lucky McKee's "All Cheerleaders Die" and was massively disappointed. I followed that up with a classic my wife had never seen "A Chinese Ghost Story" by Tsui Hark. It's a wonderful Kung-Fu/Horror/Comedy.
Earlier in the month, I held my annual Horror Movie Marathon and showed 3 "creepy doll" movies: Magic (with Anthony Hopkins being believably crazy); Dead Silence (ludicrously bad and enjoyable); and The Conjuring (which I'd heard good things about but ended up hating because it was hagiography of those liars who created the Amityville nonsense).

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Halloween kinda went by in a flash for me. I had gotten off work that morning and went to bed about

08:00. Woke up about 22:00, thought the heck with it. I figured we'd get plenty of fire and first responder calls, it being Devil's Night, but nary a one. Slept all night without a single incident in the whole county.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Scary/humor:
http://www.vonlinemovies.com/watch/deathgasm/
Free online viewing, which is always a bonus (spend that money on PAD/TAD).

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
i like the evil dead 2, and the horror b movies, there a Japanese movie called mushrooms, and its really good , they get stranded on an island and get attacked by giant mushrooms, The Brain That Wouldn’t Die is a good one, and anything with Vincent price.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Hextor, that movie is called "Matango" or "Attack of the Mushroom People" and you are correct, it is very good. It is a lot less silly than the premise/title would make it sound. It was directed by the same guy who direct the original "Godzilla" film. His name is Ishiro Honda. It is based off a short story by an English horror author named William Hope Hodgson who is worth tracking down (as a bonus most of his work is available in the public domain) if you like nautical horror stories.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
wow that's awesome, it kind of rare to find someone that has watched that movie, and yes I did enjoy watching that move, thanks a lot for the info , now I am going to find the short story and read it while smoking my pipe today.

Status
Not open for further replies.