PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1654992018510.png1654992186298.png

Well, then! Another winner for aromatic fans here. Smells like Häagen-Dazs Salted-Caramel ice cream all melted. Lights-up quickly enough and has a buttery, warm flavor, not unlike eating a Milky Way candy bar (the US variety), actually maybe 2 of them.

I think that a newbie to pipe smoking would really enjoy this, as with all the C'Est La Vie series (though the French Vanilla was a little disappointing, and there are far better vanillas out there, such as Sutliff D40 Vanilla and MacBaren's Vanilla Flake). They're all pretty decent and an aromatic fan would be very happy with all of them.

Of the caramel topping tobaccos, this one is as-promised, with, of course caramel up front, then nougat and vanilla creaminess in a smooth, mellow, non-tobacco flavor that you might have to go to a Catholic priest for confessional if smoked during Lent as it's quite decadent and sweet.

I feel a bit guilty trying all the C'est La Vie tobaccos, as, well, they're more a beginner's aromatic with zero tobacco flavoring, almost kiddie and almost too sweet, something probably a younger crowd would really enjoy. I dunno. Maybe if you were Johnny Depp and you wanted to lure Amber Heard into your life through pipe tobacco you'd use this and some rum and act like a drunk pirate all the time? Well, you'd get what you asked for, anyway, that aside from a babysitting job full-time.

1654992934020.png

Oh, Amber... tsk-tsk.

Enjoy C'Est La Vie Creme Caramel. Recommended, but it's a bit taboo-sweet.. like Amber..

Attachments

• 1654992691508.png
    1654992691508.png
    595 KB · Views: 1

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Love your reviews! And since they all inexplicably devolve into sexual depravity in some form or another, I would have to say, in that sense, you are a better tobacco reviewer than JimInks. But as soon as he starts featuring orgy-related stuff in his reviews, you'll be bumped down to #2, sorry to say. That could be a ways off, however... ⌚

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't smoked this blend, but I had what I took to be their first blend with Vanilla flavoring, and it was mild, but I thought the quality and taste of the tobacco was good. Very mild, but good.

Caramel I think I'd rather just buy as candy, or maybe as a sauce over ice cream. I've always had a little trouble with Prince Albert for it's extra mild burley and slightly annoying cocoa flavoring. I like Ovaltine, hot cocoa, hot chocolate, etc., but to drink, not to smoke.

Reactions: JOHN72

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Entertaining and informative. Thanks for the review. I have never came across this one but I does sound interesting.

Reactions: JOHN72