PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been here since 2013, and I don't know anything about nasty times here. I think it was likely a different pipe smoking site. As you know, there are several. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. U.S. I like Toronto, having been there a couple times on business some years ago. I did a few touristy things, like the broadcast tower and hiking around Toronto Island in March, but mostly liked the ambiance, the relatively dry cold, and the black squirrels, not to mention the excellent art museum.

Pmartel

Lurker
Sep 18, 2022
Welcome from down the 403!

What dark times are you referring? The great Frank Method thread? Idea Pipes?
I was part of an older 'smokers forums' group based in the UK and apparently I was reading it was hacked way back, so not sure if this is the same one or revamped

Pmartel

Lurker
Sep 18, 2022
I've been here since 2013, and I don't know anything about nasty times here. I think it was likely a different pipe smoking site. As you know, there are several. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. U.S. I like Toronto, having been there a couple times on business some years ago. I did a few touristy things, like the broadcast tower and hiking around Toronto Island in March, but mostly liked the ambiance, the relatively dry cold, and the black squirrels, not to mention the excellent art museum.
Toronto has changed much and not for the good, condo central here and lost much of it's charm and hugely expensive
It's still walkable and much to see if you can keep up with the constant change.
A friend of mine and I go on photo walks throughout the city and that can be fun, but like I said in my initial post, I dtest winter ere and gets very damp

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
You're quite likely thinking of the old smokersforum based in the UK, I'm pretty sure it's defunct finally, after a few re-boots and disasters, and at least one of the owners passing.