Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Please welcome Luciano and Radice Pipes from Milan, Italy to the PM fold.
What is so awesome about Luciano Pipes is that they devised a way to provide a very high quality Italian pipe at a kind-of "artificially" low price. They are "Hand-Finished" Italian pipes. This means that part of the process is machine-assisted, but the most important parts, like drilling the holes, are done by hand.
This allows for some economies allowing the pipes to be high quality, but sell for much less than others of the same quality. Actually, several of the Luciano samples I saw were better quality than a 100% hand-made Italian pipe that I have, which shall remain nameless.
Here's Luca Di Piazza of Luciano Pipes and I at the St. Louis Pipe show last February.
luca-kevin-725.jpg

Click this ...

Radice has made a limited edition Christmas Pipe with only 25 numbered pieces available ...
Click this one too ...

Jul 15, 2011
Man, these pipes look gorgeous, and they are cheap enough that even a working schmuck like me could get one. They will definitely get some of my business after my Christmas shopping is done.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Cyndi, it's a piece of briar.
I've spoken to Luca several times at pipe shows and he's one of the most cordial and pleasant guys you'll ever meet.
My collection of Italian pipes is pretty meager, but I may have to expand it a bit.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
"I've spoken to Luca several times at pipe shows and he's one of the most cordial and pleasant guys you'll ever meet."

Italians usually are cordial :D
"My collection of Italian pipes is pretty meager, but I may have to expand it a bit."

Do it ,expand you'll never be disappointed :D
Maurizio

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
This is my one and only Luciano:
002-447-0207.jpg

It is a fine smoker. I have yet to buy a Radice, but they are high on my wish list.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I so want Luciano Pipe Shape L127! Im too lazy to post a pic so you will just have to Gaggle it :nana:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
RADICE PIPES, FANTASTIC. Sorry for screaming but they are great pipes. And yes, Luca is a super guy. We drove to dinner in Richmond and his GPS spoke in Italian!!!! It was blast listening to directions even though I could only understand very little.

lucdipi

Lurker
Dec 2, 2011
Hi guys,

thanks for the great welcome! I was not expecting this topic!
I am sure I will spend a lot of this on these pages from now... great place!
RADICE PIPES, FANTASTIC. Sorry for screaming but they are great pipes. And yes, Luca is a super guy. We drove to dinner in Richmond and his GPS spoke in Italian!!!! It was blast listening to directions even though I could only understand very little.

We had problems finding the restaurant with an Italian GPS... just imagine an English one!!!
Let's start the first pipe of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.