PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Does anyone have any experience with the Petite Rusticated series? Specifically the Cutty?
It has been 20 years at least since I smoked a Sav and I generally buy.....more expensive pipes but the shape is speaking to me.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Nevermind... I am just going to see if Ryan Alden can make me something close.
With that kick ass blast he did for Peck.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
Does anyone have any experience with the Petite Rusticated series? Specifically the Cutty?
It has been 20 years at least since I smoked a Sav and I generally buy.....more expensive pipes but the shape is speaking to me.
I know you neverminded this thread, but I've bought five Savinelli Petites (plus a couple Petite Puntos) in the past eighteen months or so. I freakin' love them. Like you, I also have lots of far more expensive pipes (Ivarssons, Chonowitsch, Eltang, Tokutomi, Gotoh etc). But, as convenient office pipes, I love the Petites because they're small, pretty, have comfortable acrylic stems (and therefore are less fussy), are not drilled for 6mm like most Savs, and they're just reliable and practical.
Sykes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
peck recently reported buying some Savinellis as knock-around pipes and finding them totally unsatisfactory. However, many Forums members rely on them like gravity. I like my Sav's well. They're not fine artisanal pipes, at least in the low to medium priced series, but they smoke well and get better over years, for me. If you commission pipes, you should get some good ones, in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.