PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Of course this happened a week after I bought 5 more tins of the 140. :cry:
And right now they are held up in Houston. Makes me want to order 5 more but I’m gonna resist.

*edit - just checked, they are supposed to arrive today! Yippee!

Last edited:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Of course this happened a week after I bought 5 more tins of the 140. :cry:
And right now they are held up in Houston. Makes me want to order 5 more but I’m gonna resist.
140's out of stock. During the last Savinelli sale, my wife and I split 30 tins of Doblone d'Oro, so we're good.?

Reactions: LOREN and BROBS

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
There is room in ones cellar for Doblone, Kendal Plug and Cabbies for that matter... I know I’ve made room for them in my cellar but I’m already well stocked on those... more for you guys. I wouldn’t say one is better than the other, just different. All are of the highest quality of pipe tobacco.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Most are. Many get hung up on price versus quality. Old Dark Fired didnt get much press until a 100g tin jumped from $12 to $20 in just one day. Suddenly it was the greatest thing ever. Luckily, I bought all of mine the year it was released.
Yup, I remember that. The price increase got people’s attention. It reminds me of the story a friend told me about a refrigerator he had been trying to get rid of for free. He had posted a huge sign on the fridge, “FREE FRIDGE!!!”. It sat in his front yard for a few weeks so finally he got an idear, he put a value on that fridge, $100... it was stolen that night. :ROFLMAO: .

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Man I was just about to order a bunch of 140th to cellar, then this sale comes along and its immediately sold out. Don't spend too much time pulling the trigger if you are looking to stock up!
Oh damn man! I’m sorry to hear that you missed out, I know you loved the stuff. Something tells me we will be seeing another release of this one, I think this was it’s 3rd re-release??? It would be a shame if not, it’s too good of a blend to not bring back but I don’t think it’s really made a big buzz in the community yet, this blend seems to be a sleeper (until the sale hit of course). At first I was pissed that I missed the sale but I’m just glad I got my hands on some more before they sold out. I have a total of 11 unopened tins now. Should last me awhile. Have you looked at other sites? You might be able to still find some unless it was exclusively sold at SPC?

FYI, if you get the chance, check out HU’s Hadde’s Best Irish. I think they are very similar blends, I actually give the nod to Hadde’s but I’m still very much smitten by 140 as well.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
And after that I immediately left this thread and bought a few more tins of Doblone to add to the cellar, it’s like my thumbs have a mind of their own... I couldn’t stop myself! Ugh. $16.32 per 100 grams is a great price for this blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.