Savinelli Tag - An exclusive pipe model for the Instagram community

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Preferred Member
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
For those of you who don't yet follow Savinelli on Instagram, you may not know that they designed a limited edition pipe just for their followers. It's sort of a squat tomato with an extra long shank. Whether or not you use Instagram, this is a great way to add a very unique (and kinda weird) piece to your collection. And whether or not you like the pipe, it's cool to see a historic pipe company embracing modern marketing methods like this.
Available here: http://world.pipeaporter.com/tag.html

chasingembers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This forum is really about as social media as I get. Not a bad looking pipe though.

cosmicfolklore

Preferred Member
Aug 9, 2013
Helena, Alabama
Having kids, I think of Instagram as a 13 year old kids' media, up there with Snapchat. Even my 17 year old says that she is too old for it. Grown men use this thing?

cally454

Dec 31, 2012
The dots could be from the frazing machine the hold the stummel from the inside to minimize hand work. They practically shape the whole pipe by machine with only a little sanding left over. To that end that pipe looks like they ran it out as a 320 with a longer stem.

aldecaker

Preferred Member
Feb 13, 2015
I will never be privy to any Instagramers-only pipes either, if you know what I mean.
The marks inside the bowl were the first thing I noticed, too. My Sav 673KS came with chuck marks exactly like that.

jkrug

Preferred Member
Jan 23, 2015
Not a social media guy either but that middle pipe is stunning!! :puffy:

philobeddoe

Preferred Member
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
As others have stated, the forums are the full extent of my social media presence as well. However, I know that I’m in the minority and that the vast majority of people (Pipe smokers included), just ask Chris Morgan, are on social media. So I’m delighted to see that Savinelli, one of the largest names in pipes and tobacco has thrown its hat in the ring. Those of us who don’t tweet, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are anachronisms, the world is passing us by and I’m glad that some pipe companies are making the effort to stay relevant.

chasingembers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Those of us who don’t tweet, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are anachronisms, the world is passing us by
Not really. We're taking the time to enjoy it, and seeing it with our own eyes, not on a screen.

jaytex1969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Both real life and on screen have pro's and con's.
I recall a post on a gamers' forum some time ago:
"I went outside today. The game play sucked but the resolution was AWESOME!"

danielplainview

Preferred Member
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Why can’t I find the 820 anywhere online? I’m really liking this shape. A blasted 820 would be the bee’s knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.