PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
For those of you who don't yet follow Savinelli on Instagram, you may not know that they designed a limited edition pipe just for their followers. It's sort of a squat tomato with an extra long shank. Whether or not you use Instagram, this is a great way to add a very unique (and kinda weird) piece to your collection. And whether or not you like the pipe, it's cool to see a historic pipe company embracing modern marketing methods like this.
Available here: http://world.pipeaporter.com/tag.html
tag_rust_02.jpg

tag_nat_02.jpg

tag_mar_02.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This forum is really about as social media as I get. Not a bad looking pipe though.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
Some great makers showing their stuff on there.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
The dots could be from the frazing machine the hold the stummel from the inside to minimize hand work. They practically shape the whole pipe by machine with only a little sanding left over. To that end that pipe looks like they ran it out as a 320 with a longer stem.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I will never be privy to any Instagramers-only pipes either, if you know what I mean.
The marks inside the bowl were the first thing I noticed, too. My Sav 673KS came with chuck marks exactly like that.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Pretty sure that 1500 dollar Sav had those same marks in the bowl

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
As others have stated, the forums are the full extent of my social media presence as well. However, I know that I’m in the minority and that the vast majority of people (Pipe smokers included), just ask Chris Morgan, are on social media. So I’m delighted to see that Savinelli, one of the largest names in pipes and tobacco has thrown its hat in the ring. Those of us who don’t tweet, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are anachronisms, the world is passing us by and I’m glad that some pipe companies are making the effort to stay relevant.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Those of us who don’t tweet, Facebook, Instagram, etc. are anachronisms, the world is passing us by
Not really. We're taking the time to enjoy it, and seeing it with our own eyes, not on a screen.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Both real life and on screen have pro's and con's.
I recall a post on a gamers' forum some time ago:
"I went outside today. The game play sucked but the resolution was AWESOME!"
jay-roger.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Why can’t I find the 820 anywhere online? I’m really liking this shape. A blasted 820 would be the bee’s knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.