PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I have a 4407 Amber Root. It’s the most expensive pipe I own and if it wasn’t for the shape, and that it was previously owned by Foggymountain, I would never have considered the purchase. I have my eye on a couple of Savs and think the Briarworks prince shape to be quite nice as well.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
The Briarworks prince is well proportioned, almost strays into a squat apple.
002-696-0745.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's some snappy metal work on the spigot, a fine version of this good shape. I have an Oscar Lucite (no filter) version of the Sav 315KS, and have enjoyed it for years. (Although it has no dazzling metal work!) I find that broad bowl just right for blends with four or more tobaccos. My interpretation is that with a broader surface for the ember, you get more (all) of the constituent tobaccos burning at once, in greater percent than in a narrower bowl. Could be correct or just my fantasy, but it is very noticeable to me. Same is true of other broad bowls, for examples, a Luciano author, a Johs diplomat, a Sav Aurelia pot, and others.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
That's some snappy metal work on the spigot, a fine version of this good shape.
I have to give you credit for restraint, you didn't post a retaliatory Lord of the Rings meme in my thread.
But I'd be ok if you did. :)

spigot

Lurker
Apr 29, 2018
I have one of this serie. A very nice piece and I'm really happy with it. But I can't figure why they called them «Spigot», since they aren't. Instead, we have a 6mm piercing (for use with those balsa filters) and the sterling on the stem is just an ornementation.
sav-sfaux-spigot-600x588.png

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
It's an acrylic spigot. :)
Agreed, it's a bit misleading but I knew it would be like that since Sav's have the balsa filters.
I still haven't got around to smoking it yet. :puffy:

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
Gorgeous pipe. The 315 is a great shape and I love the sterling jewelry.

I've had my eye on the spigot series for a while but I'm partial to vulcanite stems. Between that and the price, I'm still looking.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Very Nice looking pipe indeed, I have had Savinelli 313 prince which I eventually replaced with the same prince shaped Comoys (Fr)and Comoy looks one in one to this Briarworks prince above.Generally speaking,I do like the Prince shape ,finding it being quite a versatile and multidimensional shape'

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Update: I kept my 315 Piazza de Spagna and instead got rid of one of my 305's to bring my pipe total back to the force balancing number of 7. :)
Thanks for all the comments. I really didn't expect the pipe to be so well received.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For a broad bowl in a decidedly light weight pipe, the 315KS is excellent. You really get all the dimensions in a complex blend with five, six or more tobaccos. The shape makes a nice pipe.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Ok, so, I don't smoke much, maybe 1-2 bowls a week, if that. Today is the first day I smoked this pipe. It's not really any different than any of my other 315's, which is to say it's great. But, it's now officially my favorite 315, and favorite pipe. I only have 7 though, all Savinelli's, so maybe that's not saying much.
I decided to inaugurate it with Dunhill Dark Flake, which I have never tried before. Straight VA flakes are my favorite tobacco and VAPer's are ok too, but wow, Dunhill Dark Flake may be my favorite blend of all time. This stuff is about as good as it gets.
I'm going to dedicate this pipe to Dark Flake. Now I need to cellar a few more tins before they're gone. Good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.