Savinelli: Saint Nicholas 2021… Already!?! ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
Going going fast...but I'm sure there will be several more restocks and the other big sites will get them soon. Last year mine came from Tobacco Pipes. I was actually just smoking my 2020 614 about an hour and a half ago.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Going going fast...but I'm sure there will be several more restocks and the other big sites will get them soon. Last year mine came from Tobacco Pipes. I was actually just smoking my 2020 614 about an hour and a half ago.
They've already sold out once and were restocked last Thursday. There will be leftovers, they often have them from previous years.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
They've already sold out once and were restocked last Thursday. There will be leftovers, they often have them from previous years.
That was my thinking, but I’m not sure if they’ll make as many. I have no reason to think they won’t, but these days it seems nothing is very certain. I hate panic buying, but I grabbed one after that first restock.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That was my thinking, but I’m not sure if they’ll make as many. I have no reason to think they won’t, but these days it seems nothing is very certain. I hate panic buying, but I grabbed one after that first restock.
The dark stain is staying my hand. Were it not for that, the 616 would be my choice of the lot.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Same sentiment on the dark stain. I’m hoping they’re a little lighter than the picture. Last year’s looked darker in the photos than in person, I’m hoping that’s the case here as well.
It looks almost black in person… the pic above (post#62) is a good representation of color. Although, the stem is more translucent at different angles.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
It’d be interesting to know the design process in deciding a color palette. I like below description, and when first seeing the pipe it made sense:

A stem of shimmering, conifer green complements the earthy tones of the stummel, while a snow-white acrylic band flanked by brass rings adds striking flash for an aesthetic that's at once eye-catching and comforting — the combination evocative of sunlight's glint on snow-laden pines.”

Reactions: Chasing Embers

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I may be in the minority, but I'm disappointed with them after seeing them in person. The stem is much much darker than I anticipated. I mostly smoke indoors under artificial light. In that environment it looks black. The sides have a pearlescent quality that I wish the entire stem had.

In sunlight it looks much better oh, but I don't smoke outside in daylight so I would never get the pleasure of that appearance.

I'm going to be sending mine back.

The first two pics are in a well lit room but all light is artificial (bulbs). Second 2 pics are on window sill

20210808_181450.jpg20210808_181502.jpg20210808_182016.jpg20210808_182029.jpg

Reactions: STP

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I may be in the minority, but I'm disappointed with them after seeing them in person. The stem is much much darker than I anticipated. I mostly smoke indoors under artificial light. In that environment it looks black. The sides have a pearlescent quality that I wish the entire stem had.

In sunlight it looks much better oh, but I don't smoke outside in daylight so I would never get the pleasure of that appearance.

I'm going to be sending mine back.

The first two pics are in a well lit room but all light is artificial (bulbs). Second 2 pics are on window sill

View attachment 91786View attachment 91787View attachment 91788View attachment 91789

That’s the word I was searching for… pearlescent, which definitely pops more in the sunlight.