Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Huh? Did somebody say Savinelli?" Oh, boy.....
In a word, BUYTHEMUTHASNOW!!!!!!!! I've got 3-4 Punto Oros plus at least half a dozen others. I've never had a Sav that was anything but excellent, & that goes back to '74 when I first started working in B&Ms. Other than Stanwell you will not FIND a value for buck that's as good. Yeah, I'm biased. I admit it. :)
Bill

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I have a Giubileo d"Oro bulldog, a Non Pareil 9604 Oom Paul and a 601 Churchwarden still in my collection. Just sold a Savinelli Dry System I just didn't smoke very often.

They are all great smokers for me.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I was always wondering how Savinelli manage making pipes that smoke just right from the very first bowl, without any acrid taste or gurgling issues.
I bet they have top notch quality control in their factory. Beretta is the same way, you're going to get good quality right out of the box.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I enjoy all the Sav's that I own. Last night I smoked a Rossi, which I believe is related to Savinelli.
I wouldn't worry about Peck's opinion on a Savinelli. Someone with a fleet of Mercedes would probably not enjoy a pickup truck.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I am more of a cob and meer smoker but the 5 Savinelli's I own have been fantastic right out of the gate.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I am smoking it right now in between packing moving boxes. 1st bowl of old joe krantz. Beautiful condition and size.
You and mso were right on :)

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Weezell..I agree, smoked mine today & one of the best smokers I have. Dedicated to yard work & don't know why, probably because it was cheap & the ugly Duckling. But browner/colored like hell now & smokes better than many of my "Prettier" pipes.

Never had a Sav I didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.