Savinelli Punto Oro Corallo Cutty (4002) (pre-c.1975)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Elusive Cutty
Forgot about it. T'was a Christmas 2017 gift from the gf (currently too broke to buy anything myself lol)
Yes its exactly the one you're thinking about. Sykes in an old thread shared that this was Shane's pipe.
KiQbzxX.jpg

FzKFzpc.jpg

PuntoOroPetite1.jpg

PuntoOroPetite3.jpg

All I want to say is thanks Shane and Kaz !!
More info here and here
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Schwing!
Ahem...
I mean...totally junk...
You know the drill...please forward to my address for immediate disposal....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Saw one of those on eBay awhile back that looked like it would have cleaned up nicely. Went for far less than I would have imagined. Very lovely grab! My love for those four digit Savinelli's is why my 9004 collection is growing!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Very slick (figuratively, of course)! I get the appeal of 'wardens, cuttys, & devil anses, but somehow they're just not me for some reason. Definitely nautical, though. Reminds me of the governor in Captain Blood. I must be on an Errol Flynn kick again.

@bigpond I am still amazed why Shane sold this pipe !! Maybe he got a better version of it?
@Owen Thanks :)
@shaintiques I love craggy old lots of people would call ugly pipes. Just like men, they have a history and a certain charm.
@jpm Still not in my possession, its in my US address, once it gets shipped will let you jknow how it smokes ;)
@saltedplug The knob was the foot rest to let your pipe rest on the table upright.
@irishearl it was just sheer dumb luck I was able to get this pipe, a few moments delay and could have been gone to someone else.
@chasingembers Im stil surprised Shane chose to sell this one. Even this one was pretty affordable, got it at the price of a new Punto Oro Blasted.
@joseph I LOVE the craggy blasted and rusticated pipes. The italians know how to rusticate.
@bnichols Me too, but after 5 years as a pipe smoker my tastes have changed a bit ! A cutty to me is the most Zen.
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.