PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of my favorite (many favorite) pipes is a Savinelli Oscar Lucite prince KS, with the bright orange stain on smooth briar and a bright light colored stem, and without the usual Sav 6 mm filter. I have always admired the series, and though all that is offered at SP's vast Savinelli site is one Oscar Lucite zulu/yacht, 404, it is good to see it reemerge from oblivion. I already have two Savinelli made yachts, an unfinished version from about 40 years ago now glowing a bright walnut color, and a Sav-made Rossi version 8404 Palermo with a deep red stain, so I won't be ordering this one. But I'm cheered to see this favorite, filterless Savinelli series emerge from the darkness. Hurrah! If you like at least a few bright colors on your rack, and you'd prefer filterless anyway, here you go. Nice price too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No, Rossi pipes come both as filtered and non-filtered. I think most of the least expensive Vittoria are unfiltered. The rest, you have to be sure about the filter, so you get what you want. Even with Vittoria, read the specs.

Reactions: BROBS

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
No, Rossi pipes come both as filtered and non-filtered. I think most of the least expensive Vittoria are unfiltered. The rest, you have to be sure about the filter, so you get what you want. Even with Vittoria, read the specs.
Shonuff. If you've got a 6mm & accidentally get 9 filters, you gots. A problem. Even if you've got a rattail file.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've got two of the Oscar 904s. One with the yellow lucite stem and one with the clear perspex stem. Purely just for the collection and display.

Status
Not open for further replies.