PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Guys,
is anyone familiar with the Savinelli Logo line. I did not find any info online. What are they ? What do you think of them ?

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Discontinued line. They had the Savinelli emblem stamped into the bowls. Came in a smooth and rusticated finish, and the rusticated finishes had a smooth end of the bowl with the emblem stamped onto them.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Have to ask. Don't mean to hijack the thread. I am just curious if anyone would choose one logo printed on the stems. I won't give my feedback but I am interested in the opinion of others. To me. One is more properly printed on the stem the the other.
Also one of these pipes required a bit of pipe mud as the draft hole was far above the bottom of the bowl.
It makes me think that the overall quality is the reason for a $40.00 price difference? Or, it just might be the quality of the briar hence the rustication?

one of these pipes required a bit of pipe mud as the draft hole was far above the bottom of the bowl.
OMG, really? Sometimes having the draft above the bottom is used to keep the pipe from gurgling. I think that having the draft dead bottom is an American pipe myth. A bead of water can get trapped on a bottom set draft and just drive me crazy. I prefer my pipes to have a little space between the two. Danish pipemakers all seem to set the draft high. When we explored all of the pipes at The Briary one day, all of the high end pipes had a much higher drilled draft than the bottom of the pipes. Just sayin'

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Shouldn't be a $40 price difference. MSRP on the Trevi Smooth is $115 and MSRP for the Trevi Rustic is $96, which is a pretty standard price gap between smooth and rusticated finishes from the same lines.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
That seems to be part of the reason cobs smoke so dry--the shank is a wood dowel jammed in to the side of the bowl, leaving space below the draft hole. No gurgling!

redpanda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2015
Cosmic : Yes, I mean the line of pipes called Logo.
Anyway, I have seen them online going anywhere between $90 up to $275 but yesterday I saw a brand new one from Italy for $67.48 plus $11 shipping so a total of $78.50 and before I knew, I had bought it, so I was just curious if anybody knows anything about the series. They sure look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.