PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
They're not bad. A bit of a pain to clean with that gap between the draft hole and the tenon though.

Agreed. I end up folding pipe cleaners in half and swirling them around in the mortise, trying to get the corners. Works well enough with a warm water rinse, but less effective done dry.

Reactions: BROBS

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Agreed. I end up folding pipe cleaners in half and swirling them around in the mortise, trying to get the corners. Works well enough with a warm water rinse, but less effective done dry.
Not a user of water on a pipe, but I disassemble them while warm and use a Q-tip.

Reactions: Casual and BROBS

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I think sometimes we get too concerned about the methods needed to clean certain pipes, Petersons for example. I have many different configurations of pipes and I find that between cleaning the "easiest" pipe to the "hardest" is only a difference of about 30 seconds......

Reactions: sandollars

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
Thank you for all the replies, interestingly that blue colour is special, 2020 colour of the year, as below;

Radiating luxurious Italian elegance, Savinelli's aptly named Eleganza line offers a unique take on smoking luxury with a classic, spigot-style pipe, modernised through the use of a classic blue acrylic stem, the hue named as Pantone's Colour of the Year for 2020. The timeless shaping and bright flash of its spigot-style fitment bring a new level of refinement to both the smooth natural and dark brown rusticated finishes.

Also the photos are probably showing more orange than is actually the case, it is a smooth natural and is the same as others by other makers in that finish and stain.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thank you for all the replies, interestingly that blue colour is special, 2020 colour of the year, as below;

Radiating luxurious Italian elegance, Savinelli's aptly named Eleganza line offers a unique take on smoking luxury with a classic, spigot-style pipe, modernised through the use of a classic blue acrylic stem, the hue named as Pantone's Colour of the Year for 2020. The timeless shaping and bright flash of its spigot-style fitment bring a new level of refinement to both the smooth natural and dark brown rusticated finishes.

Also the photos are probably showing more orange than is actually the case, it is a smooth natural and is the same as others by other makers in that finish and stain.
If they drop a 904 Eleganza, I'll be the first in line!?

Reginald

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
Florida
That's a handsome pipe, ENJOY!

I liked it so much I tried to add it to my wish list. Unfortunately, I learned that they are hard to find in the States.

The cheapest I could find (from Italy) was 128 euro.... I'll keep my eyes open.

CONGRATS on the score!

Reactions: Briar Baron
Status
Not open for further replies.