PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
I took a trip to Iwan Ries Friday on a rain out from work. I dug through alot of estates with a very nice salesman. I scored a Tim West, an Ascorti and an old Calabash Aldo Velani. But I look over at the new rack and there is an odd savinelli. I tell him to grab it for me and check it out. It was a cumberland diamond shanked pseudo Canadian shape 514 KS. I instantly fell in love. The salesman actually advised against it but I couldn't leave it behind. Turns out it's already one of my new faves. Problem is I can't find anymore? Are they discontinued? Smoking pipes had a bunch apparently but all sold and gone from what Google searches reveal.

Sharp_tungsten

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 25, 2021
Evans City Pennsylvania
I have about four variants of the 514 KS and find myself looking for more—I love how it smokes; I'm not sure if it's the proportion, chamber size, or combo of shank length and those things—for whatever reason, I have very enjoyable, relaxing smokes with this model.
It's a lovely shape. Not to big, not to small. Just right. I have an 803 KS straightgrain that I absolutely adore. I'd love to have a full rotation of savinelli long shank style pipes. I know they are cheap but they smoke as well as anything I've tried 5 times their price...

Reactions: ofafeather