PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
null_zps25f2128e.jpg

I recently had my first experience with a Savinelli Balsa System pipe and found it to be a remarkably effective addition. Virtually all unpleasant fluids are effectively absorbed by the insert without any noticeable impact on the draw or the flavor of my tobacco. Any comments from your own experiences with this system?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I used the Balsa system for a while, but ended up switching to the adaptor to eliminate the filter. Can't say I did this because of any negitive effects from the filter, more because I have a mindset that filters are just a marketing ploy. This mindset derives from cigarettes, and should not translate to pipes, but who am I to argue with my own head :)
Glad you are enjoying your new Savinelli!!! They are tremendous pipes.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I tried the balsa a few times and didn't really care for it. The draw on my pipes just didn't seem right.
Threw it out and didn't bother with the adapter either. My Savinellis smoke just fine.
I've read of a lot of guys having good luck with the system though, and the design does make a lot of sense. I say if it works for you, keep doing what you're doing!

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
Thank you, gentlemen. It is a wonderful pipe from a great maker, so time will tell if I lose the balsa after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.