PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TruckerSteve

Lurker
Nov 9, 2022
Longview Washington
As a first time owner of a savenlli pipe I am wondering if the mouth piece is supposed to be divided. Mine seems to have divider in the center,is this normal? Any information would be appreciated.

Reactions: STP
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
That's normal, or at least from what I can tell from the picture.
It's funneling of the stem, allows the smoke to be expanded through a slot, rather than a single hole, and helps against tongue bite.

What Chasing Embers & The IronMonkey have posted is similar.

And a Howdy & welcome, from Korea.

TruckerSteve

Lurker
Nov 9, 2022
Longview Washington
Thank you all for the quick responses
I appreciate the feedback . This configuration is not something I have seen before. It was an estate pipe and plugged up on the left side. Hopefully I can get it drawing perfectly.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
If you don't like the stem, you can always get a different one at a number of places. A number of places will provide you with one. I might suggest Briarworks to you

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Welcome from Durham in the UK. Is the twin bore hard to clean?
Going from the shank end, a pipe cleaner will sometimes tend to go to one bore multiple times in a row—it could have to do with the pipe cleaner being slightly bent, or how the draught hole happens to split internally—this is easily enough rectified by approaching from the bit end, and swabbing through each bore.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a twin bore Britannia pipe from England. Both airways accept a pipe cleaner readily and it is a good smoker over all. I own a number of Savinelli pipes, I'd guess at least 15, and i've never encountered a twin bore Sav.

TruckerSteve

Lurker
Nov 9, 2022
Longview Washington
I bought this from eBay and it is the first savinelli pipe I have owned so I am not familiar with what is standard. It appears to be a typical slotted mouth piece but it has a divider in the center. Seems odd to me. I don't even know how it would be created but then my knowledge of stem production is limited. Thank you for your input.