PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Boxes can be a way to continue in homage to the pipe. If you sell the pipe, they add a little bit of desirability. They can also become clutter that must be pitched when you move.

• Love
Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Boxes can be a way to continue in homage to the pipe. If you sell the pipe, they add a little bit of desirability. They can also become clutter that must be pitched when you move.
Last time we moved (how I hate moving!) the boxes were really handy for packing and transporting the pipes. Each one can usually handle and least 2 pipes in socks and I had one box just full of tampers and such. Pretty handy.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
ofafeather, you used rather than discarded boxes on moving. Brilliant!

I'm moving as I write. I find the best disposition for things cherished but never used is the trash. It's elegant. No, don't pack it, throw it out the window and be done with it! Renounce all ties except to God and country! Possessions possess you, and especially when moving, do the right thing and chuck it all! Crap! Crap everywhere! All you really need are the clothes on your back and a pipe in your jaw. . .well, you probably also need Netflix:(.

• Haha
Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
ofafeather, you used rather than discarded boxes on moving. Brilliant!

I'm moving as I write. I find the best disposition for things cherished but never used is the trash. It's elegant. No, don't pack it, throw it out the window and be done with it! Renounce all ties except to God and country! Possessions possess you, and especially when moving, do the right thing and chuck it all! Crap! Crap everywhere! All you really need are the clothes on your back and a pipe in your jaw. . .well, you probably also need Netflix:(.
Good luck with your move! I don’t envy you one bit! And you’re right, anything you don’t dispose of now you’ll just have to go through later! When you first start packing you take your time and consider every little bit. When it’s crunch time everything ends up in a box or bag and hopefully the wrong stuff doesn’t end up in the bin! The reality is my pipe boxes don’t take up much room in relation to everything else. 7 years later we still have junk we “can’t” part with or just don’t know what to do with.

Reactions: saltedplug

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Unfortunately the tendency to accumulate stuff without a purpose seems part of human nature. Stuff has physical substance but is valued beyond use because it ties us to our past which is gone beyond our reckoning. It is this never-ending reckoning that shows itself in a present tied to the past. Stuff is the remnant unreckoned.