PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Just acquired this pipe from a bric a brac store. "Sasieni Four Dot Natural". In quotations on reverse side, "BROOKLANDS". Initial research suggests this pipe is from the family era (1946-79). However, someone more capable than me might be able to nail that down a bit given the type of stinger here? Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• IMG_1605.jpeg
    IMG_1605.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Closer to the 1946~early 50's period, more towards the latter date. Early post-war pipes are seen with the Patent Number for the stinger marked on the shank. During the 1950's the stinger is no longer used. The pattern of the four dots also supports this, being "four square" rather than the "elongated diamond".

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Closer to the 1946~early 50's period, more towards the latter date. Early post-war pipes are seen with the Patent Number for the stinger marked on the shank. During the 1950's the stinger is no longer used. The pattern of the four dots also supports this, being "four square" rather than the "elongated diamond".

Much appreciated. I am excited to restore and smoke this pipe.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I think the stinger and dots pattern would make it latter 40's. I'm 99% certain that the stinger will be threaded in a Four Dot (and near top of the line "Natural" finish!). So, be careful. I'd soak that tenon in some alcohol and run an alcohol soaked cleaner in the stem for a few hours before attempting to remove it.

A very cool piece, nice find, from a Bric-A-Brack shop!

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I think the stinger and dots pattern would make it latter 40's. I'm 99% certain that the stinger will be threaded in a Four Dot (and near top of the line "Natural" finish!). So, be careful. I'd soak that tenon in some alcohol and run an alcohol soaked cleaner in the stem for a few hours before attempting to remove it.

A very cool piece, nice find, from a Bric-A-Brack shop!

Al, thanks for this. I would have done my normal 50-50 bleach/water bath. I'll definitely use the alcohol method with the Sasieni and proceed delicately.

Status
Not open for further replies.