PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I grabbed this eight dot for $10. The question is simple. Is this a Frankenpipe or a real eight dot. Figured I couldn’t go wrong for $10 + $5 Shipping so $15 all in.

The nomenclature is faded and pipe was smoked hard and put away wet.

All it says is Sasieni (cursive)
“Cromer”
London Made
View attachment 55157View attachment 55158View attachment 55159View attachment 55160View attachment 55161View attachment 55162View attachment 55163
Well, it's possible. I did get a Dunhill billiard for $20 not too long ago ?

Reactions: ashdigger

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I think all eight dots were florid script and patent number pipes, but I could be wrong.
:)

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Ash, I would say it looks like the real deal to me. Re. the Patent number, you can see there was no room for it on the small panel on the bottom of the pipe. Note the airway diameter on the tenon, the reason it is the size it is is to accept the stinger (the Patent). Not unusual to see older Sasieni pipes without the hardware.

Reactions: pruss and ashdigger

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Your the one who bought that! Well at least it went to a good home. I remember seeing it listed as a "Burl pipe", and got busy with work during the end of the bidding. I knew it was a Sasieni.

Looks legit from my end (obviously I was intending to buy it), but I don't have the expertise to claim anything about its history/origin.

Reactions: ashdigger

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Your the one who bought that! Well at least it went to a good home. I remember seeing it listed as a "Burl pipe", and got busy with work during the end of the bidding. I knew it was a Sasieni.

Looks legit from my end (obviously I was intending to buy it), but I don't have the expertise to claim anything about its history/origin.
I saw it, crappy pictures and all, and thought it was a four dot with an upside down stem. Imagine my surprise seeing it was an eight dot.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Florid script, elongated small dots, nomenclature correct. Looks like the real thing. Does it have a patent number?