PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Man.. I love sardines.. all of them.. mustard packed...packed in oil...packed in tomato sauce...you name it I like it.. My dear wife whom I also love..NEVER complains about my smoking.. of course she loves the smell of Q1, Autumn Evening and the like...she even tolerates My smoking of Billy Budd and Balkan Sasieni without a whimper...but let me pop the top on a can of sardines and the tiger is on the loose! Anyone else like sardines?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
King Oscar Brisling Sardines in EVOO.

31CWQhJufrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(I don't much care for the big sardines -- they remind me too much of Lake Michigan alewives.)

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
Cortezattic..... those are my favorites! I actually had a can today for lunch that prompted the post... I like a touch of Tabasco on them..

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm on a weight loss program and I eat a tin of sardines every day for lunch (like 6 days a week). My wife doesn't really care but she can't understand me eating the same thing every day. Whatever works, right? So far down 24 lb in 2 months. I just hope that there are enough of the little buggers in the sea to get me to my goal weight.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Papipeguy, as long as you don't try swimming upstream to spawn , whatever works for weight loss is good!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
When I lived out west and was Ghost Towning , we would find sardine cans and Prince Albert tins in the trash heaps .I think the old hard rock miners lived off the stuff .lol As for me the mood hits about twice a year , Beachs Fish Steaks and green chili .

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Disgusting, and kippers are even worse (salted smoked fish). When I was visiting the hebrides in the UK they actually served kippers as breakfast - nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.