PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I moved away from Santa Barbara in 2010. I miss California very much and I left behind some of my best friends. If an opportunity arose the wife and I would move back in a heartbeat, but until then I'm at the mercy of my professional arc and must go where it takes me.

We used to meet at Cigar Empire on upper State St. The owner, Sam, is a great guy.

Reactions: kurtbob

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I moved away from Santa Barbara in 2010. I miss California very much and I left behind some of my best friends. If an opportunity arose the wife and I would move back in a heartbeat, but until then I'm at the mercy of my professional arc and must go where it takes me.

We used to meet at Cigar Empire on upper State St. The owner, Sam, is a great guy.
I live across the street from Cigar Empire! Lol. Owner is really cool. I’m over there a couple times a week. SB is awesome. I hear it’s hard to move back once you’ve moved away because of cost of living here but with all the fires etc, I’m unsure I’ll stay. But I do love it. I can walk to a trail for awesome hiking or be at the beach in 4 minutes. It’s sunny about 320 days a year or more I believe... if not for a few reasons, I’d never consider leaving. I fully understand what you’re saying. For many, you have to go somewhere larger to build a career and hopefully at some point you can take that wherever you want. I’ve focused on staying out of the corporate world so it’s not a thing for me but I was certain I’d move for my 20’s and 30’s then but didn’t happen. I’d love to live out of the country for a few years though. Then come back...

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Hello and welcome from Idaho!
It appears you have been bitten by the merciless pipe bug!
Steel yourself -it's going to cost you a lot of money....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Welcome for the Center Of The Known Universe, Burbank. Congrats on rediscovering the pleasures of the pipe! Are there any decent tobacconists left in SB? I don't get up that way very often anymore. Still miss the Eggception.
Getting the hell out of California is what I plan to do once I retire, possibly at the end of this year. Real Estate costs are north of insane. California is the great state, fabulous landscapes, and winters here are mild, but it's way overpopulated and a lousy value for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.