PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Hey everyone. Been joining the forums and all. Seems this may be the hub. Also interested in other pipe smokers in my area.
Been a cigar guy for 20 years with a good sized cabinet collection. Had a pipe I bought 15 years ago and tried a few times.
I decided to give it another shot. Loved it this time around. I went a bit nuts and ordered about 15 tins on Cbid but need pipes still. I’ll be paying that cc off for a little bit. Finding I like a lot out there. Right now loving the H & H Marquee Blackhouse, Orlik Golden Slices, a few aromatics, SPC plum pudding. Think I’ve only had 4-5 cigars over past couple months since I tried that first bowl out again. Been reading and obsessing online since.

Anyway, that’s prob plenty of info ...

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the Bay Area. I came from cigars myself.

If you're looking for affordable pipes to beef up your collection, TobaccoPipes.com is offering Burners by Scott's Pipes for $25 a pop on their sale page. I ordered one myself as they're supposed to be good smokers that punch above their weight class.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. I used to be a big cigar guy but am now pipes only. You might want to try Escudo, Capstan Blue Flake and Mac Baren Old Dark Fired. All three are very tasty and available.

Reactions: kurtbob

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth.

Reactions: Peter - CCB

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Are you in the Central Coast Pipe Club? If you're interested in meeting other pipers let me know and I'll put you in contact with Rob Denholtz who organizes the meetings.
No not yet. I saw that last night while walking the dog and meant to check it out today. When I google searched local clubs, I did see Central Coast ... which led me here actually. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Reactions: kurtbob

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Welcome. I am UCSB alum. For some reason moved back to Illinois after college :/
I’ve been here all my life but with the fires, evacuations, floods, 3 bedroom house being 2 million.... we are really looking at moving. Maybe oregon or middle of nowhere for change of pace. Prob next year if we do.... lot to research. Love SB but it’s been too much lately for the above reasons.

Reactions: kurtbob and jpmcwjr

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Welcome from Florida. I used to be a big cigar guy but am now pipes only. You might want to try Escudo, Capstan Blue Flake and Mac Baren Old Dark Fired. All three are very tasty and available.
Funny I ordered escudo and bid on old dark fired on Cbid last night. Really want to try dark fired. Seems I like that direction of Tobacco

Reactions: kurtbob and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.