PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
And yes, absolutely, Jack Dorsey and Zuckerberg are disgusting communist that shit on the constitution and really don't give a damn if I get suspended for saying that.
I find this take a bit perplexing. I’m curious as to what your definition of communism is. To me, communism is government control of industry. I don’t care for Dorsey or Zuckerberg, but to me they seem the absolute opposite so help me understand why you feel this way. If it’s too much politics in the forum, feel free to message me directly.

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
I agree with everything that you’re saying, but it is a thin sliver of any person’s governance. If I was to go off just COVID for my assessment, many governors would be in jail right now, Cuomo being at the head of the list. Think nursing homes. Enough politics for now or we’ll get this thread shut down. ?
If it helps to not get this thread shut down, I’m sitting in my backyard right now smoking some watch city 558 out of a Camoy Canadian that was part of my father’s collection. Very delicious tobacco.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Hey, I was fully aware I'd get bitten for that but I don't really care. I wouldn't have even made the comment if not for your condescending "how's your state doing" comment. And yes, absolutely, Jack Dorsey and Zuckerberg are disgusting communist that shit on the constitution and really don't give a damn if I get suspended for saying that.
I get ALL the reasons why they don’t want us talking politics and religion on this site. So, gentlemen, how about we talk about Holly’s Non Plus Ultra instead? Good stuff, huh? How deep you’ll cellared on that?

Jan 27, 2020
Uh uh. Gotta go by the percentages of population and the rate of increase over the past couple of weeks to get an actual picture. BTW, Iowa isn't doing so well either. Death figures lag by about 3 weeks.

And while death rates sell newspapers, they're not the whole story by a long shot. Do some reading on the percentage who become "long haulers" as well as those who develop scarring on their organs, even though they had a "mild" case. Reality is a bitch.

Exactly.

Reactions: Mr.Mike and edger
Jan 27, 2020
To your statement "There's a certain callousness to how those tech companies view the communities they exist in, big surprise." I don't believe in the exact opposite, but that there's a mix of local social responsibility actions by a wide variety of tech companies. Some good, some bad, some indifferent.

Yes, and some companies use charity as a sort of marketing. I don't though think that all these companies who built headquarters in SF thought about how they would negatively impact the pre-existing residents of the city or the character of the place, I find that callous but yes its just speculation.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
To me, communism is government control of industry.
Who's the government? I mean, the real government, as in "the ones who control the land", rather than the "elected" figureheads who appear to. Communism is rule by a plutocracy that pretends to be not so, under the illusion of equality.

But, probably a less confusing term would be tyranny, which is what the heads of Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big [XYZ], such as Sucker-berg et al, are bent on rolling out left and right, north and south.

Sucker Boy might give the impression that he's as far away from communism as anyone can be because "it's capitalism that made him rich", right? Perfect smokescreen: to claim to be the opposite of what one actually is.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I just want to add that somehow this thread leaked through the cracks and didn't get caught by us.

There are so many rule violations in this thread, that it's not even funny.

Let me remind everyone AGAIN, that politics, let me say that again, P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S are NOT ALLOWED HERE!

Neither is talking about marijuana, weed, pot, or whatever else that you want to call it.

Also, please do not derail threads.

This thread is now at 11 pages of drivel that has nothing to do with the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.