PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
As far as I know, Laudisi is the sole importer, so it’s just whenever they import a batch. The way shipping is going globally right now, everything is incredibly expensive, so who knows.
If I remember correctly, when the last shipment left Britain, Gawith put something up online saying it was crossing the Atlantic, so there was at least a little warning.
I hope that’s helpful.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Each tin has been carefully and securely attached to a brace of Greater Bushtits - after having the ever living shit hammered out each tin by a troop of pheromone enraged silver back guerrillas - and is currently winging its way to a tobacconist near you at this very moment!

Unfortunately due to extensive border controls, import/export paperwork, taxes and tariffs, environmental protection laws, health regulations, save the children activists, and some opportunistic raptors (little known fact that hawks and eagles LOVE Grousemoor! ) it may take longer than expected to get anywhere.

Yeah, it’s not looking good. ?

Wuce Brayne

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2021
Each tin has been carefully and securely attached to a brace of Greater Bushtits - after having the ever living shit hammered out each tin by a troop of pheromone enraged silver back guerrillas - and is currently winging its way to a tobacconist near you at this very moment!

Unfortunately due to extensive border controls, import/export paperwork, taxes and tariffs, environmental protection laws, health regulations, save the children activists, and some opportunistic raptors (little known fact that hawks and eagles LOVE Grousemoor! ) it may take longer than expected to get anywhere.

Yeah, it’s not looking good. ?
Silver Back Guerrillas? Like if Che Guevara lived into his 70s?

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and FurCoat
Oct 7, 2016
Laudisi is NOT the importer of Samuel Gawith. Please don’t argue that point. If you don’t believe me, call them during business hours, ( 843) 491 4150.

My understanding is that the Gawith factory in the U.K. is, or will shortly start, working to fill an order for the US importer. When and how that US company, the Phillips and King division of Kretek, distributes it to the trade is a decision that will be made by them for what ever reasons they decide.

Last year, a major shipment Of Samuel Gawith cleared customs circa July 4. The distributor didn’t release one shred of it until the week before Labor Day. Don’t ask me why, I haven’t a clue

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
And not to put too fine a point on it, but ... there is a global problem with shipping / logistics, supply and demand for just about everything, labor and retail issues related to pandemic, etc. Everything is either in high demand, short supply or both. It’s a bit shocking to a lot of us who grew accustomed to consumer based economies that were thriving and rolling in cash and goods! Who would have thought a single ship getting stuck in the canal for a few days could disrupt entire markets like we just saw?! Toss in Brexit, contentious elections, butterflies in motion or whatever and it makes a guy cringe to think how interdependent everything is in our world right now. Yikes.

Reactions: LongHairDontCare
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Here's what I think is more important. Save up your money to get prepared when it does ship. For the past 3 or 4 years, I've watch SG make 2 or 3 shipments per year to the USA. If you look with reasonable effort, you can buy all you want of just about every blend. So be prepared to buy all you want/can when it does ship. Because it likely won't ship again for six or more months after that.

I'd also bet if you invested time in calling smaller B&Ms across the country tomorrow, you'd find just about anything you want.

Oct 7, 2016
Here's what I think is more important. Save up your money to get prepared when it does ship. For the past 3 or 4 years, I've watch SG make 2 or 3 shipments per year to the USA. If you look with reasonable effort, you can buy all you want of just about every blend. So be prepared to buy all you want/can when it does ship. Because it likely won't ship again for six or more months after that
Truth.
I'd also bet if you invested time in calling smaller B&Ms across the country tomorrow, you'd find just about anything you wan
They might not be in a very receptive mind tomorrow with all the Esoterica calls they have had?, but otherwise, also truth

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
Here's what I think is more important. Save up your money to get prepared when it does ship. For the past 3 or 4 years, I've watch SG make 2 or 3 shipments per year to the USA. If you look with reasonable effort, you can buy all you want of just about every blend. So be prepared to buy all you want/can when it does ship. Because it likely won't ship again for six or more months after that.

I'd also bet if you invested time in calling smaller B&Ms across the country tomorrow, you'd find just about anything you want.
Yeah I was more wondering if anyone knew if a drop was coming soon or not so I could order something else while waiting ;) Here up north, b&m are rare and prices are insane!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yeah I was more wondering if anyone knew if a drop was coming soon or not so I could order something else while waiting ;) Here up north, b&m are rare and prices are insane!
Most B&Ms will ship to you from across the country, they don't have to be local or in your state. You can start with the Retailer Directory here in this forum. Somewhat out of date but still helpful. Also, Google is your friend.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Status
Not open for further replies.