PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
2/5 of the Sam Gawith 250g boxes i've purchased were moldy when I opened them, and they were all from the same major/reputable dealer. 2 were FVF, and 3 were BBF. I just order tins from overseas now.
Tins is OK ,At least for now.

Reactions: wyfbane

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
we've all seen their factory and I personally suspect it's not state of the art.

Here it is! Right between Momma's Foods and Lakeland Climbing Center.
I just lit a pipe and took a virtual stroll around the neighborhood. Beautiful place!

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
man, thanks for the heads up - I hate this - more work - well guess it's part of the package - sheesh - okay - I don't want to have to be thinking about this now- nothing gets me more than mold :oops:

Reactions: wyfbane

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
when C&D had a mold issue - they took fully responsibility with recall - so I'm not worrying too much - we'll see

im guessing that they’ll just leave it to the retailers to refund. Not much else SG could do, seeing as how they have to go through customs, a distributor and finally a retailer. We probably won’t hear a word from SG about it.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
im guessing that they’ll just leave it to the retailers to refund. Not much else SG could do, seeing as how they have to go through customs, a distributor and finally a retailer. We probably won’t hear a word from SG about it.
That's also bad for business, especially in light of a new distributor picking them up. Stuff like that could queer the deal. I know that I got 11 boxes in the last month and all looked great, but I held off on getting more this weekend as I want to count myself lucky and not deal with getting moldy boxes myself.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I got my Sam Gawith order today. Just a 250 gr box of SJF, and......NO MOLD!

It's all in jars now and I'll be keeping an eye on it. It's very fresh (date code from June of this year).

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
That's also bad for business, especially in light of a new distributor picking them up. Stuff like that could queer the deal. I know that I got 11 boxes in the last month and all looked great, but I held off on getting more this weekend as I want to count myself lucky and not deal with getting moldy boxes myself.

I agree. Just seems like there’s not much SG could do beyond issue an apology, reassure everyone that gets a moldy box that they’ll be refunded, cut their losses and know we’ll all still go nanners the next time they ship to the USA and buy it up, mold or no.

BigIrish1

Lurker
Jan 31, 2020
Just reordered from WC since Ernie has gone through everything. Ernie was so great with the original refund I popped an extra $50 on Watch City blends. Looking forward to trying these blends.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Just reordered from WC since Ernie has gone through everything. Ernie was so great with the original refund I popped an extra $50 on Watch City blends. Looking forward to trying these blends.
I did the same. Just got done trying three of Ernies blends. Absolutely delicious. Afterwards I kind of wished that I had spent my money on Watch City blends instead of SG. Keep it under wraps so as not to start a buying stampede.

Status
Not open for further replies.