PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
As much as this pains me to say, i will not be buying or hunting SG blends any more. It seems like whenever i find a blend i enjoy finding more of it is harder than finding a unicorn.
The enjoyment i get from the blends just aint worth the pita of finding more. Kinda funny, but alot of my friends are also bitching about hit and miss avalability.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I found some 1792 last night at my local B&M. After hearing about it here I just had to try it. On another note however, he had a bunch of SG. Is there a particular blend you are looking for?

maduroman

May 15, 2010
my friend, the hunt is just not worth it any more. i get just as much enjoyment out of luxury twist and bulls eye that i get from st james and their navy flake.
so, i will continue to smoke them instead of driving myself crazy trying to find the others.
thank you for your offer though, it was very kind of you.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I guess im lucky i live around 70 miles away from the SG factory :nana:
That being said there are many blends i would like to try that i just cannot find :crying:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Luckily I never got too into any of the SG blends. I like Squadron Leader, but don't love it any more than a lot of similar blends. I like 1792 Flake a lot, but bought one of the boxes a while back and, at the rate I smoke it, it will last me a long time.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
That's like saying you'll stop hooking up with super models just because they're hard to get to...
I aint no quitter. :nana:

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i don't go for super models, i want a woman who looks like a woman, not a 14 year old boy. curves are important.
i have 8 or so tins of sjf, some grousemore and navy flake on hand.
if i see it, i'll buy it but no more scouring the 'net looking for it. like i said, i am tired of the hunting.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I hear what you're saying. I came to that point awhile ago. I'll happily pick up some FVF or St. James if I see it but I'm sick of searching under rocks for the stuff...
I passed up Squadron Leader, Golden Glow, Navy Flake, and a few more on my last order - even though I haven't tried them yet the appeal has diminished for me. (I got two tins of Sam's Flake on the way because it supposedly has tonquin and I've wanted to give it a shot for over a year)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
There are super models with curves. When I get home I'll find you some. 8)
If hobie was here he'd back me up.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
One of the nice things about reaching that point is the discovery of all the other great blends available.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
+1 on what Uberam3rica said. When I read the title I thought they were going out of business.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
jpberg, that's the way I look at it... I've stopped crying over the absence of the Gawith blends I was looking for and I am more than happy to explore the bounty that's out there.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Zactly. No, you won't find a clone of FVF, or whatever, but my Lord, there is a whole world full of wonderful tobacco out there.
Between the Dunhill disappearance and the SG shortages, a lot of people have "discovered" a lot of great blends.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I hear what you're saying... Hunting for a certain tobacco when there are many other blends out there that may be just as good... I stopped hunting for penzance when after a few weeks it was no where to be found, some members told me of other blends that are similar so I bought those and couldn't be happier!!

Jul 12, 2011
IMHO; all the great blends go through their "off the grid" moments...
So what I have found works best for me is to find "many"' great blends

you like, that way and you will never have to spend too much time

being the "Great Bacci Hunter" :) but I do really enjoy the thrill

of the hunt

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
i don't go for super models, i want a woman who looks like a woman, not a 14 year old boy. curves are important.

02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.