PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I was lucky enough to come across a flash sale at Esterval’s a few years back. Bought a whole bunch for $6.49 a plug! Great stuff but I wouldn’t buy it at the price it’s at now.
The price put me off too, at first. It's priced in line with Capstan, St. Bruno flake and most SPC offerings. At least that's how I justified it to myself, but who am I kidding, TAD got the better of me.

Reactions: JOHN72 and hawky454

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I bought a bunch of Salty Dogs back around 2017.. I am still working on my first plug as I believe with another 4-5 years it will be amazing. I have plenty of aged tobacco to smoke so no need rushing this one.

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and FurCoat

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The price put me off too, at first. It's priced in line with Capstan, St. Bruno flake and most SPC offerings. At least that's how I justified it to myself, but who am I kidding, TAD got the better of me.
Yeah, I was put off by the price of Capstan and St. Bruno too. But, I just love St. Bruno, I started ordering a bunch of tins but when they changed the price of the RR to $10.79 (not sure what it is now but it used to be the same price as the Flake), I stocked up DEEP on that one. Turns out, I actually prefer the RR too, seems to be a bit more saucey otherwise it's obviously the flake rolled in a tumbler to break them up.

Reactions: JOHN72 and FurCoat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Yeah, I was put off by the price of Capstan and St. Bruno too. But, I just love St. Bruno, I started ordering a bunch of tins but when they changed the price of the RR to $10.79 (not sure what it is now but it used to be the same price as the Flake), I stocked up DEEP on that one. Turns out, I actually prefer the RR too, seems to be a bit more saucey otherwise it's obviously the flake rolled in a tumbler to break them up.
I did the same. I don't go deep on many blends, but this one got my attention.

• Love
Reactions: hawky454 and JOHN72