PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Not so many years ago, the sales section was purged of sales that were completed.

Now it seems they linger for months after completion. Not really a good reference for sale prices if that's what the intent is. The asking price may have been negotiated down in a PM. And it's not really all that searchable with the site search function. A search for BBB or OJK or ODF would return nothing.

If nothing else it would be more useful to have a tag om the thread denoting SOLD or FOR SALE that links to a screen that shows either SOLD or FOR SALE. Gets kind of cluttered as is...

Aug 1, 2012
There are some which contain rare examples of pipes which could be helpful to those trying to figure out what they might start the prices at or start the negotiations on them but it seems that it is not something we want to save for the future. It's a decision made without consideration for history or consumers. I personally think that's part of why the sales section here has seen a marked decline since the new platform. I'm not in charge though so...I'll get stuffed. puffy

Reactions: trudger

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
well done I usually try to @mods when sold but do occasionally forget.
I personally agree sold items clutter up the thread unless there is a traffic light system as used by some other forums

I appreciate its yet more work for the mods to police